7. Discussing Counter-Offer with a Realtor

1. Repeat

A: Have the owners come up with a counter-offer to my offer to buy their home yet?

B: The owners have counter-offered three hundred and thirty-five thousand dollars.

A: Should I accept their offer?

B: There are two ways to respond. You can either come back with another offer or go with their counter-offer.

A: What if I make another offer, and they don't accept it?

B: No one else has made an offer, so you could make another offer if you want to do so.

A: I think that I would like to offer three hundred and thirty thousand dollars as a counter-offer.

B: OK, I will present your counter-offer to the owners tonight.

A: How long before I find out what their decision is?

B: By now, the owners probably have a pretty good idea of what they will accept. It will go quickly.


2. Repeat


A: Your office called and said that the owners had made a counter-offer to my offer to purchase their house.

B: To your offer of three hundred and twenty thousand dollars, the owners have counter-offered three hundred and thirty-five thousand dollars.

A: I think that maybe I should accept their offer.

B: You, of course, have two ways of responding. You can say yes or come up with another offer.

A: I want to make another offer, but I am afraid that they will decline and I will lose this house.

B: There is always a chance that someone could outbid you, but you could try one more offer if you like.

A: I would now like to offer three hundred and thirty thousand dollars as a counter-offer.

B: After the owners get home from work tonight, I will approach them with your offer.

A: Can you tell me how long it will take them to get back to me?

B: I don't think that it will take as long as the response to the first offer.


3. Repeat


A: Have the owners answered back with a counter-offer for my offer to purchase the house?

B: In response to your offer, the sellers have decided to counter-offer three hundred and thirty-five thousand dollars.

A: That sounds pretty good to me, but I am not sure what to do.

B: You can accept this offer or decline it and come up with another offer.

A: If I make another offer and they refuse, then what?

B: Personally, I would consider making one more offer, but it is up to you to decide what to do.

A: Let's try going with three hundred and thirty thousand dollars for a counter-offer.

B: I will contact the sellers with your current offer.

A: Do you think that this will move along fairly quickly?

B: Usually the response to the second offer moves along a bit more quickly than the first one.


Practice the Conversations of This Topic with Mike

Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.
eslfast.com