87. Alexander Graham Bell: Inventor of the Telephone
1. Bell thinks phone are __________.
- a great thing to have
- a nuisance
- none of the above
2. What was tragic about Bell's childhood?
- he was an orphan
- his brothers died from tuberculosis
- his father was fired from his job
- he was bullied in school
3. What is one of Bell's "other talents?"
- playing piano
- painting people's faces
- designing dolls
4. The U.S. wanted to design a telegraph line that could
- transmit several messages at once
- transmit messages one at a time
- send emails quickly
- speed up the college application process
5. The first words transmitted by phone were to Bell's
- best friend
- the President