81. Lyndon B. Johnson: 36th President of the U.S.
1. Johnson took office after ___________.
- President Kennedy was assassinated
- The World Trade Center was bombed
- the stock markets went down
- President Kennedy was impeached
2. Johnson promised to continue which of these policies?
- civil rights legislation
- universal health care
- education reform
- both a and c
3. He wanted to transform the U.S. into a ____________.
- Great World
- The Cream of the Crop
- Great Society
- Place of Perfection
4. The Civil Rights Bill protected every American's right to
- free speech
- enlist in the military
- refuse treatment
5. What did Johnson do to cause controversy?
- he escalated the US involvement in Southeast Asia
- he spied on his competitor for the next presidential election
- he increased the amount of nuclear weapons
- he threatened North Korea with bomb threats