55. Tom Hanks: A Great American Actor
1. Hanks was in all of these movies, except ____________.
- Forrest Gump
- Cast Away
- Apollo 13
- Die Hard
2. In Bosom Buddies, Hanks plays ____________.
- a woman pretending to be a man
- a man living in a women's dormitory
- a small role
- a man who is trying to find new friends
3. Why did Hanks lose 35 pounds for his role in Philadelphia?
- he wanted to look good
- to prove to the casting director that he could succeed in
anything he puts his mind to
- to look sick
- none of the above
4. Hanks is the second actor in history to have ___________.
- win the Academy award in consecutive years
- starred in comedic and dramatic roles
- been nominated for multiple awards
- played a gay man
5. Hanks used his celebrity status to __________.
- avoid waiting in line
- address social issues
- get special treatment from people
- talk about his kids