61. Jonas Salk: The Man who Cured the World
1. During the 20th century, ____________ was considered one of
the greatest health threats in the US.
- small pox
- chicken pox
2. By the age of 13, Salk was ____________.
- accepted to a college
- enrolled into a school for gifted children
- living on the streets
3. Salk's mother wanted him to be ____________.
- a school administrator
- a doctor
- a business owner
- an attorney
4. What did Salk do after graduating from medical school?
- went to law school
- became a professor
- researched polio
- served in the military
5. How did Salk become a national hero?
- he found the cure for polio
- he did extensive research on polio
- he led men into battle
- he paid for the medical bills of those with polio