53. Cesar Chavez: The Voice of Equality
1. During the 1970s, California farm workers were upset that
- they couldn't be promoted
- they could not get health benefits
- Chavez was being too peaceful in his protests
- they weren't given enough money
2. Why is California's Great Central Valley known as the
country's fruit basket?
- the region has the highest number of fruit baskets sold per
- all the fruits get delivered there
- rich soil and high yields
- the supermarkets in that region give baskets to customers
who buy fruits
3. Chavez began a series of ___________ demonstrations
protesting the poor conditions farm workers had to endure.
4. Which of the following is one of the poor conditions the
farm workers had to endure?
- sexual harassment
- no overtime pay
- scary machines
- itchy grass
5. What year did Chavez die?