32. Thomas Jefferson: An American Patriot
1. The U.S. was once ___________.
- called England
- a largely Indian country
- under the ocean
- ruled by the Chinese
2. Why was the Continental Congress at odds against the
- the British doesn't let them decide on anything
- the British plotted to kill the men of the Continental
- the British refused to let them trade with other countries
- the British imposed a tax on them
3. When did the colonists decide to be independent?
- when Jefferson was born
- when the British lowered the tax rate
- after a year of war between the American colonies and
- when they saw that people were hungry
4. Jefferson wrote _____________.
- the Declaration of Independence
- the Bible
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- the Constitution
5. July 4th was the day _____________.
- Jefferson was born
- Jefferson was elected into office
- the war between the American colonies and England ended
- the Continental Congress approved the Declaration