26. Amelia Earhart: America's Lost Heroine
1. Earhart was the first woman to ____________.
- be nominated as a presidential candidate
- become a commercial airline pilot
- fly across the Atlantic Ocean alone
- build an airplane
2. American women during the 1930s ____________.
- had the same employment opportunities as men had
- had less employment opportunities than men had
- were richer than men
- mostly became CEOs, doctors, and lawyers
3. When did Earhart become interested in flying?
- when her dad took her to an airshow
- when she watched a tv show about people flying
- when she saw an airline commercial
- when her parents bought her a toy airplane
4. What happened when Earhart flew in 1937?
- she found her husband
- men insulted her
- she purposely crashed the plane
- she disappeared
5. Which of the following is a theory of Earhart's fate after
- she lived out her last days on a deserted island
- she committed suicide
- she ran away from home
- none of the above