9. Jesse Owens: The Man Who Defied Hitler
1. Hitler vowed to use the 1936 Olympic Games to ____________.
- prove that he was athletic
- announce that he was the ruler of the world
- showcase Aryan superiority to the world
- distract people from paying attention to his crimes
2. Jesse Owens was a _____________.
- track and field athlete
- basketball player
3. Because of segregation laws, Owens was _____________.
- not allowed to eat at the same restaurants as Whites
- not allowed to stay in the same hotel rooms as Whites
- given special treatment during the Olympics
- both a and b
4. In Germany, Owens was ____________.
- treated more fairly than he was in the US
- unhappy with being black
- liked by Hitler
- none of the above
5. Why didn't Hitler like Owens?
- Owens proved Hitler's racist claims as false
- Owens married Hitler's wife
- Hitler was jealous of Owens' abilities
- Owens was a Jew