303. Martin Luther King Jr.: Civil Rights Leader
1. What is Martin Luther King Jr. most known for being?
- a king
- a pastor
- a humanitarian
- a civil rights activist
2. What did King use to affect social change?
- non-violent protests
- violent protests
3. What did segregation laws in mid 1900s U.S. do?
- give preferential treatment to Whites
- give preferential treatment to men
- prevent women from voting
- legalize drinking
4. King led the 1955 Montgomery Bus boycott in reaction to what?
- his father's bad experiences with buses
- Rosa Parks' refusal to give up her seat to a White person
- the high immigration rates
- the dirty conditions of buses
5. What was King's dream?
- for Blacks to dominate
- to ride in front of the bus
- for Americans would be judged by their character
- for people to fight back when necessary