297. The Great Nelson Mandela
1. What was Mandela's life work?
- to become the president of South Africa
- to become recognized all around the world
- to end Apartheid
- to win the Nobel Prize
2. Apartheid was a ___________.
- a system of racial segregation in South Africa
- a period of time when obese people were discriminated against
- a system of racial segregation in the U.S.
- a word to describe discrimination in general
3. Which of the following groups had the most privileges?
- White South Africans
- Black South Africans
- Coloured South Africans
- Indian South Africans
4. How did countries around the world protest Mandela's imprisonment?
- the rulers of the world sent a petition
- citizens of various countries went to South Africa and protested
- they placed trade embargos against the White regime
- they refused to call South Africa a country
5. What happened to Mandela in 1994?
- he passed away due to natural causes
- he was executed in prison
- he organized a boycott
- he became the President of South Africa