131. No Such Thing as Free Lunch
1. What does the expression “no such thing as free lunch” mean?
- free lunch programs are corrupt
- you can’t get something for nothing
- only breakfast and dinner can be free
- none of the above
2. In order to find out if her child was qualified to get free lunch at school, Mary has to __________.
- join the PTA
- pay $50
- fill out a form
- go to a town hall meeting
3. The form asked Mary all of these questions, except ____________.
- her address
- how many children she had
- her income
- her social security number
4. Mary was afraid that the information on the form would be ___________.
- shared with other agencies
- used against her
- used against her daughter
5. What did the letter in the mail say?
- it requested Mary to send in more information
- it said that Mary’s child was disqualified
- it said that Mary’s child was qualified
- it said that Mary will be charged in court for lying about her income