1. Why did the smell of smoke especially bother Elizabeth?
- her grandfather died of lung cancer
- she has lung cancer
- she has asthma
- she has a heightened sense of smell
2. Where was the smell of smoke coming from?
- the superintendent’s kitchen
- the new neighbor was a smoker
- the superintendent was a smoker
- the apartment building across the street
3. Elizabeth’s neighbor suggested buying ___________ to help her deal with his smoking.
- an asthma inhaler
- a dog
- a nose bulb
- an air filter
4. The air filter was ____________.
- none of the above
5. What did Elizabeth say to her neighbor at the end of the story?
- that he was making her sick
- she welcomed him to the neighborhood
- that he should get an air filter too
- that he should try the bakery down the street