94. Renting an Apartment (2)
1. What do you do once you find an apartment you want to rent?
- Discuss it with your friends.
- Look at the inside of the apartment.
- Contact the landlord.
- Speak to the tenant.
2. What can you do on the date you set with the landlord?
- Have dinner with the landlord.
- Make sure the landlord is a good person.
- See the apartment and ask questions.
- Explore the neighborhood.
3. What does the rental application ask about?
- How many friends you have.
- Your life goal.
- Your job and salary.
- Your personal interests.
4. Why do some landlords ask for references?
- To make sure you are serious about renting.
- To verify you are a responsible person.
- To make sure you are not lying on the application.
- Both B and C.
5. What can you do if you cannot afford a full apartment?
- Get another job.
- Ask your friends to help you.
- Rent a room in someone's home.
- Beg the landlord to drop the price.