90. Taking Care of Mom and Dad
1. What is the baby boomer generation?
- A generation that were born after World War II.
- A generation in which many babies died of diseases.
- A generation in which diapers were invented.
- A generation that have many children.
2. What is a nursing home?
- A place where nurses live.
- A place where nurses go to study.
- A place that offers care for the elderly.
- A place that offers care for babies.
3. Why do most nursing homes have social activities?
- So that nurses can talk to each other.
- Nurses were getting bored.
- To keep the elderly engaged and active.
- So that the elderly can exercise a little bit.
4. Why are nursing homes controversial?
- Nurses do not really take care of the elderly.
- The elderly do not want to stay in nursing homes.
- The elderly have been abused and robbed in some nursing homes.
- Adult children cannot often visit their elderly parents.
5. Why do adult children leave their parents in nursing homes?
- They do not want to take care of their parents.
- They have their own children to take care of.
- They do not want their parents to feel lonely.
- Nursing homes are free or inexpensive.