21. One Country, Many Taxes
What are taxes?
- Special fees charged by the government.
- Special fees charged by citizens.
- Special fees charged by foreigners.
- None of the above.
Taxes help pay for public services such as _________.
- Road repair
- Public schools
- All of the above
What are income taxes?
- Taxes applied to personal income.
- Taxes applied to the unemployed.
- Taxes applied to those retired.
- Both A and B.
Getting money back from the government is known as a _________.
- tax refund
- refundable transaction
What could happen if you don't pay income taxes?
- You will get fired from your job.
- You could get fined.
- You could go to jail.
- Both B and C.