5. New Year's Day – A Holiday of New Beginnings
What is a famous New Year's celebration that takes place in New York City's Time Square?
- A large New Year parade.
- Drinking beers at restaurants.
- A huge crystal ball drop at midnight.
- Running in the cold.
Why are places like banks and the post office closed on New Year's Day?
- Nobody wants to work on New Year's Day.
- It is a national holiday.
- There is no business on New Year's Day.
- People are all out of town.
What is a New Year's resolution?
- You kiss someone at midnight.
- Something you drink on New Year's Eve.
- An answer to your first question in the new year.
- A promise to change a lifestyle habit.
What parade takes place in Pasadena on New Year's Day?
- The Rose Parade
- The California New Year's Parade
- New Year's March
- A football parade
What is the Rose Bowl?
- A parade.
- A football game.
- A New Year's resolution.
- A famous garden of flowers.